- 300 g of flour 00 or 1
- 100 g of cold butter cut into small pieces
- 120 g of sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1 lemon zest only
- 10 g of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- q.b. Agrisicilia blood orange marmalade
- 1 apple cut into very thin slices
-q.b. powdered sugar for finishing
The recipe was prepared by food blogger Antonella Audino who prepared these shortbread-based cookies filled with apple chunks and a good dose of our intensely fresh-tasting Sicilian Red Orange marmalade, which will create balance between the delicate flavor of the apples and the strong flavor of the Red Oranges.
Sicilian blood orange marmalade is a delight for the palate, with its balanced sweetness and intense aroma of fresh oranges grown in one of the most famous regions in the world for the quality of its oranges. Made with natural ingredients and no preservatives, the jam is perfect for breakfast.
1. Place cold , but slightly soft chopped butter and sugar in a bowl, whisk with electric whips. Stirring constantly, add the egg, lemon peel, lemon juice and finally the flour and baking powder
2. The dough immediately after kneading is soft but does not stick to the fingers....
3. Store the dough in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes
4. After the specified time has elapsed, form balls by dividing the dough into fifteen pieces, round and place in baking pan on baking paper , pushing with a teaspoon or small knob create a small central cavity and fill with orange marmalade,
5. While the dough is resting in the refrigerator, wash and thinly slice the apples and sprinkle with lemon so that they do not darken , then arrange four apple pieces around the filling with jam, sprinkle with powdered sugar and bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 180°C for about 10 minutes, until small cracks form on the surface and begin to brown slightly